Part 4: Simple Yet Effective Anti-Ageing Home Remedies
Granted, not everybody feels like they want or need a specific anti-ageing skin treatment. We get it.
That said, you might be interested to know that there are some natural ways you can delay or reduce the signs of ageing.
From quitting unhealthy habits to eating the right foods, all you need is perseverance and self-discipline to see results.
Want more details? Read on for the 5 simple anti-ageing home remedies that you can start implementing today to keep your skin looking younger for longer.
1. Eat Superfoods
First and foremost, eat a healthy, well-balanced diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Why you ask? Well, meals that contain a lot of sugar or refined carbohydrates are known to accelerate the ageing process.
You should also:
- Eat a good amount of protein to encourage the body’s production of collagen [link to part 1], which starts declining from the age of 25 and causes your skin to change in appearance and structure as a result
- Consume foods that are rich in antioxidants (such as vitamins E, C and beta-carotene) and minerals (such as zinc and magnesium), which can stimulate collagen
- Feature “superfoods” in your diet that are rich in nutrients and known for preventing wrinkles and boosting your immune system
Need specifics? Implement foods like avocados, ginger, chia seeds, oatmeal, eggs, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and blueberries into your diet (to name a few) and you’re sure to improve the way you look and feel [link to trial article].
2. Try an Anti-Ageing Supplement
If you’re struggling to eat a collagen-producing diet, you could always add in an anti-ageing supplement.
Plant-based, organic and suitable for both vegetarians and vegans, anti-ageing supplements work by providing essential vitamins and minerals that the body needs to build collagen.
For instance, THEAGEHACK NAD+ is a Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide supplement that has been clinically proven to repair the DNA damage in your cells. Consequently, it restores youthfulness, reduces inflammation and can even increase energy levels. Win-win-win!
3. Use Daily Sun Protection
Did you know that spending time in the sun without wearing sunscreen can prematurely age your skin?
Alongside wearing a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen of SPF 30 (or higher) on exposed areas every day, you can also protect your skin in the following ways:
- Walk, sit or stand in the shade as often as you can
- Cover up as much as possible with clothing
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours and after swimming or sweating
- Avoid indoor tanning beds and equipment, which emit harmful UV rays and ultimately speed up the ageing process
Trust us, your skin will thank you for it later.
4. Quit Unhealthy Habits
Newsflash: following an unhealthy lifestyle can actively encourage skin ageing.
Over time, unhelpful habits (like frequent smoking and drinking alcohol in excess) can cause the cells to become damaged and dehydrated, resulting in wrinkles and a dull complexion.
Therefore, you might want to consider quitting them (or at least cutting down) so that your skin and body can reap the rewards.
5. Exercise as Much as Possible
Finally, if you want to make your skin appear brighter and younger, try working out most days of the week.
Whether this is going for a run or participating in an exercise class, improving your physical fitness has many health benefits.
In addition to boosting your immune system and circulation, it helps you sleep better. And if you get plenty of beauty rest, you revitalise your entire body (including your skin!) and wake up feeling (and looking) refreshed.
Living a Lifestyle to Decelerate Anti-Ageing
Even though it can take time and energy to adopt a healthier lifestyle and make more sensible choices, at the end of the day, it’s worth doing.
After all, short-term inconvenience can lead to long-term success when it comes to softer, tighter and plumper skin.
Look out for the final blog post in the “anti-ageing” series, “Part 5: The Best Anti-Ageing Skincare Routine for Beautiful Skin,” coming very soon!